A-1J Skyraider "extra sprue"

I want to convert my Navy A-1H to the USAF version and would like to order the extra sprue to do so. The extra sprue has a different tail wheel, wing tips and some antennas. The Navy kit already has the ejection seat (I know, Yankee extraction system).

Anyone know if ZM will sell extra sprues? I did not find a customer service contact on their web site.

I just contacted them about a week or two ago about possible replacement parts for the P-51 Mustang. They told me that I would have to buy the entire sprue the parts were on so I don't see why they wouldn't sell the sprue you need. Although they may require a UPC or something from the A-1J kit to prove you have it. But if you contact them and explain your situation I bet they would help out.

I contacted them via the info on the VOLKS USA website.

That's their US distributor.

Anyone have an idea on what the A-1J specific sprue number/letter may be so I can order it?

It's designated as the M sprue. The new sprue only has 8 parts:

2 new wingtips

2 new outboard wheel hubs

4 antennas (FM622 whip, VHF/FM underfuselage towel rack, UHF blade, and a blade antenna that is inset into the top LE of the tail fin [mislabeled in the instructions as part A-18]).

All of the other parts (tailwheel, seat, etc.) are already on the A-1H sprues. Interestingly, you don't get a complete new instruction manual. The kit has the A-1H instructions with a small 8 page supplement for the J specific instructions changes and marking instructions. HTH.

It's designated as the M sprue. The new sprue only has 8 parts:

2 new wingtips

2 new outboard wheel hubs

4 antennas (FM622 whip, VHF/FM underfuselage towel rack, UHF blade, and a blade antenna that is inset into the top LE of the tail fin [mislabeled in the instructions as part A-18]).

All of the other parts (tailwheel, seat, etc.) are already on the A-1H sprues. Interestingly, you don't get a complete new instruction manual. The kit has the A-1H instructions with a small 8 page supplement for the J specific instructions changes and marking instructions. HTH.

Yep, that answers it!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Try looking at the ZM site:

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/

there are various manuals there in pdf format.

Jari

I downloaded 4 files. Three are all about paint schemes and the fourth is for weighted wheels installation. I have not seen what the supplement is but I was looking for the instructions that call out the parts on the extra sprue (antennas primarily) I am sure I can use photo reference but I would still like to see the ZM instruction sheet if it is out there...

I will dig deeper on their site.

They have this on their site in the Latest News section:

Sep 20, 2012[update]

A-1J SKYRAIDER U.S.AIR FORCE EXTRA PARTS Instructions is download available now!

however there is no link to it. You might have to send them an email.

Jari

They have this on their site in the Latest News section:

Sep 20, 2012[update]

A-1J SKYRAIDER U.S.AIR FORCE EXTRA PARTS Instructions is download available now!

however there is no link to it. You might have to send them an email.

Jari

I think they mean the instructions for the resin wheels & markings. I will email them and see if I can get what I need.

Edited by drhornii