Williams FW18 kit??

Hello all,

I started doing some research to find a Williams FW18 kit as driven by Damon Hill in 1996. I was hoping to cut down the time involved to see if anyone knows where to find one. So far the best I can do is the Revell FW19 kit, which was driven the following year.

Thanks, happy modeling!

Mark

There is a 1/20 Williams FW18, but it's a resin Studio 27 kit - it's very expensive, it's very rare, and it's out of production. There's a 1/20 kit currently for sale on Yahoo! Japan Auctions - you can buy off there buy registering with Japamart. I'm not aware of any 1/24 kits, and your only other options are 1/43 or the 1/18 diecast.

You could try asking on the forums at F1M, and see if anyone has one they're willing to part with.

Vince

Yeah I would check with F1M if anyone will know it's them. There ay be a plastic kit that you could us to make a conversion but i Honestly don't know which one you'd want. Plus Idk if I've ever seen decals made for it aside from what would come with the ST27 kit and good luck finding a set of those.

The FW19 in't too terribly different, and you can get the kit for dirt cheap, but you'd probably almost have to make your own decals for that scale. So again very difficult.

Edited by Bigasshammm

Thank you so much for the tips! At one time I had the Revell FW19, but that was while living at home. Parents have a tendency to not see the trees for the forest, and toss things that are seemingly unimportant when their kiddos move out. Woops!! Anyway,I understand the issues with selling the sponsor along with the kit, but what a horrible choice of decals for such a gorgeous car. A question mark?

As odd as the "?" seems, it is accurate for at least the '97 French GP and possibly the British GP as well. I liked the Jordan marking for that race as well, the car painted in a snake motif and the slogan "Bitten and Hisses"

http://www.gp-world.net/pages-images/1997season/own-gallery/wallpapers/williamsf1/wallpaper-iia.jpg

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Yea some locales for races had bans on tobacco advertising so most of the kit's non tobacco decals are true for at least some instances. Like all the McLaren decals with the MP4-whatevers, they would actually run with that on the car but not often.

You can pick up the Revell FW19 kit for real cheap. I got mine for 9$ a year or two ago. Wasn't a bad build and the decals actually were in good shape.

Keep checking ebay for the Tameo kit too I've gotten all my Tameo kits off ebay for around 40$ instead of the retail 100+.