The Super Sherman, before the Isreali M50 series

Having just recently gotten back into modeling after about a six year hiatus and I was flipping through my copy of "M-4 Sherman, The history of the American Medium Tank" and I found a section where they talked about a fall back program initiated by the US Army Armored Board in case the Pershing didnt pan out.

The more I read it, the more my imagination got worked over the idea for a representation in plastic.

I've ordered a Cyberhobby M-4A3 HVSS and a Hobbyboss T26E4 to use parts from both to build an example of what might have been. I decided to make the model with all later war features, oval loaders hatch, steel cheveron tracks, side turret stowage. The greatest thing about the conversion is the Sherman and Pershing had the same size turret rings in real life, and talk about a high silhouette.

Heres a picture of a pilot vehicle on a standard Sherman chassis.

T26_turret_on_M4_chassis.jpg

Alright, so once I get everything all together I'll post pictures of the before, during and after.

If this is in the wrong forum , Mods I'd appreciate it if you moved it to the right one.

More to follow

• 1 month later...

Will you do a work in progress.please .thank you.. :worship:

I am interested in history so I quite like this and if you know the background and tell us the story behind the picture then the build will be even more entertaining..

{ Anyone who joins the best forum on MY Birthday is worth watching & following his project!! :whistle:/> }

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 month later...