F-111A hardpoints?

I'm playing around with an Italeri 1/72 F-111A at the moment, while waiting for the paint on some of my other projects to dry. Like most ex-ESCI kits I've built, the detail is a little sparse, but the fit appears to be at least half way decent and the panel lines are engraved. One small irritant about the kit though is while the armament sprue comes with two sets of hardpoints, there are only pre-drilled mounting holes for one set, and no hint of where to drill the ones for the outboard set if you want to load for bear.

So, my question is - are the outboard stores stations appropriate for the F-111A in the first place (no sense drilling holes if they're not supposed to be there...); and if they *are*, where exactly do I put them? For clarification, I'm talking about the second pair of rotating hardpoints, not the fixed, temporary ones that were used for ferry tanks.

Also, how much nose weight is recommended if the wings are to be glued in the forward position? I can tell just by looking that it's a tailsitter with its wings swept, but some of the VG aircraft I've built will make it on their own if the wings are extended. (Tomcats and Tonkas...)

Yes, each wing featured two moving pylons (the inboards were stations 4/5, the outboards 3/6). In 1:72 scale, with the wings set at 16 degrees relative to an x-y axis, with the center of the wing pivot being 0-0, the outboard wing stations are 8.2mm behind the pivot and 41.9mm outboard. The inboard stations are 5.5mm behind the pivot and 16.8mm outboard.

After Vietnam the A models were strickly trainers and weren't plumbed for 600-gal fuel tanks. I never flew them, but if they were like Cannon's D models, they typically flew with all four pylons mounted, usually with BRU-3A/As on the outboards and SUU-20 practice bomb dispensers on the inboards.

The single wing hole probably has to do with the alternative EF-111A incarnation of the Esci kit (also reboxed by Italeri).

A caveat - AFAIK, the kit contains a stock MER instead of the custom BRU-3A/A.

HTH,

Andre