Quick Request for Information

Hey, I'm away from my model stash for the time being, can anyone measure what the payload bay dimensions are from either of the two 1/72 scale shuttle kits. I just need overall length between bulkheads (or the door length would work) the width and a rough depth from the doors bottom edge to bottom of belly. I'd appreciate it soon, but if not I can wait until I get home and measure them.

Thanks,

Bill

10" Bill ... on both the Monogram and Revell 1/72 shuttles.

I measured the Monogram Payload Door and the Revell Payload Bay half.

Pete

WHOA ... ooops ... the Revell Payload Bay is a one-piece ... and it is 9 13/16"

I hope I caughtcha in time Bill!

..... geez, I gotta learn to respond to the whole request ...

The Depth on the Revell PB is 1 7/16"

The Depth on the Monogram is 1 7/16" too

... now what ELSE did I miss????? :bandhead2:

Edited by K2Pete

Awesome, thanks! Any way to get the width? :whistle: I'm pretty sure they are quit a bit different cause it seems like I remember the Monogram bay sitting in the Revell shuttle left a pretty good gap around on the sides...maybe a 1/16 per side or so. Not sure though.

Bill

Thanks again Pete! you're the man. Trying to think of a way to maybe develope either some payload details to print. For sure the docking structure is something that would be nice to have. I don't know if I could do the bay itself with all the blanketed facets. It would be a huge polygon model and probably not practical. Just thinking.

Thanks again,

Bill