79 Sqn RAAF Hawks

Wonder if someone could please help i am at present building a 79 Sqn Hawk 127 which will be carrying a pair of underwing fuel tanks but i cannot seem to find any shots of 79 Sqn machines carrying the wing tip sidewinder rails are these only carried by 76 Sqn machines out of Williamtown. I have seen airshow shots of 79 Sqn machines fitted with rails,but what is the normal store mode of a 79 Sqn Pearce based aircraft.

Kind Regards

Craig

Craig,

79SQN's role is type conversion to the Hawk while 76SQN is the Lead in Fighter Training unit. You are most likely going to see the 76SQN aircraft with the rails and under wing stores.

Typical configuration of the 79SQN jets are clean or with tanks fitted. All the weapons training stuff happens at 76SQN.

Not sure if you have seen the new scheme the Hawks are being painted in but the top grey is darker and overall gloss. The aircraft are being painted with the 76SQN markings on one side of the fin and 79SQN on the other. This is to save money when aircraft are transferred between squadrons. So if you want to hang weapons on a 79SQN marked jet then this would be the way to go.

Hi Ray and Tony

Many thanks for the replie,s for the Hawk question this will be the first kit ive nearly finished for a year so i am a little proud.

Like the new paint scheme the Hawks have got so will have to build another, would anyone please know what FS No the dark grey is .

:cheers:

Craig