F-16 BM 1/32nd RNoAF 338th sqd

So I finally finished this one and I'm really glad to get it done. This build has been a PITA from start to finish. I used the Academy Sufa kit for a base and the copy I got is the worst I 've ever had. Loads of flash and many of the major parts including airintake, both fuselageparts and the landinggear was warped. this along with the PWMP tail wich did not fit one bit and thus was another PITA to get to fit just right. and it took alotta filler to get it to look fearly decent.

I've only taken one pic yet, maybe I'l get arround to take some more, but right now I dont wanna look anymore at it :P

Kit: Academy F-16 I Sufa

Decals : zotz and the spares bin

Paints, Gunze , tamiya and Vallejo

20140514_235625_zps0f6ee533.jpg

It's the end results that count, and your finished F-16 BM really looks good. I share your frustrations with PITA builds, but some times it's the only options open to us.

Joel

Hey Tiger, Like Joel said, it's the end result that counts, and your end result is great!(even if the kit is a "pain in the end") After reading what you and CSC wrote about it, coupled with what I have already read about the kit and talked to guys who have built it, you guys got me to thinking. I have one in the stash, and I bought it, because Hobby Lobby was practically giving the kit away. I looked at the box and I see "Cartograph premium quality decals," and I'm thinking that I can't go wrong. I buy. Upon opening the box, it looks beautiful! The parts look to be flash-free. Everything is neatly packaged and looks to be in its place. Then I see weapons, lots and lots of weapons. Normally, the model manufacturers in that part of the world seem to have the model builder in mind, until it comes to weapons. THEN, the photo of that nasty-looking MCID(big-mouth) intake caught my eye. Now, I'm having second thoughts. But, thanks to the nice work you did with your Academy Viper kit, I'm looking forward to this kit. I'm gonna build an in-flight display, along with an older Hasegawa F-16A in its Dutch training markings at the 178FW. I'll put both F-16's on the same base, because the 178FW(actually the 178AETC) trained the Dutch pilots to fly the Viper.

Tiger, you did a great job building this big Academy F-16. After seeing your photo(more pleeeeeze!), I will more than likely move my big Academy Viper up in the line-up. If there is anything else that you can think of that may help, please let me know. Thanks again for sharing your build. It's a pleasure to see work like yours.