KItty Hawk 1/48 F-101A Voodoo - A non-partisan build.

Nicely done, John! No challenges were presented that couldn't be addressed with what is in your toolbox. You mentioned another review on a certain 'cyber' site that was slamming the kit, but I also found one at Cybermodeler by Fotios Rouch that was much in the same vein as your thread, with some fixes for a few issues such as the intakes, which may prove useful for anyone else tackling this kit (as I will eventually... in the 'to-do' pile with my Koster conversions!):

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/builds/kh/build_kh_80115.shtml

One nice tip was to use a micro-saw for parts removal because of some of the 'overlapping' sprue connections. I love my nippers (all of them!) for cutting parts loose but sometimes the kit plastic requires more of 'nibbling' approach to prevent the crushing at the part edge.

In the end, a kit is just "raw material"; what comes of it is really up to the modeler. I suppose everyone has their own threshold for 'frustration'. As one of my buddies likes to say "life is too short for crappy kits". Myself, I can certainly find plenty of entertainment when working with old or less than perfectly engineered kits (but that won't stop me for trading in my Lindberg "Mig-31" for a new Avant Garde release of the same!)

So, what did your daughter think of the model now that it's finished?

Regards, Robert