TU-16k - again - and sorry

All, maybe I should just try to save all question so I can ask it all in one go. Sorry.

1/72 - Trumpeter.

I am getting to the fuselage now. The internal bomb bay is done.

Now, it is possible to use the 'hatch' and close the bomb bay so the AS-2 missile can get to hang there.

However, the set comes with a truck load of bombs. The internal bomb bay has two slots and it looks as though the 'heavies' can fit there.

It raises a few questions, which I, in my ignorance' have no solutions to:

1) Are the bombs an option?

2) Should there be a bomb rack? not just slot them in?

3) did we ever see the Tu-16 with bombs in the bomb bay and two AS-6 missiles on the wing pylons?

4) What would be a realistic load-out?

Google is not of great help today

Thanks in advance

Ivan

I don't know much about Tu-16's or their loadouts, but I'd say it's either bombs, or missiles. Not both. Two of those AS-6's weigh 8000kgs together, that's quite heavy already. And more weight means less range, not a good thing on an anti shipping mission over sea.

I found something where it states that the early models were bomb carriers, but the -10 versions were only used for 3 missiles in total (1 AS-2, 2 AS-6).

Of course I managed to close the website and can't trace it again.

It is interesting to see that the kit has different parts which to me looks as though it is possible to do several (non-listed) versions.

Ivan