Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pete

Group Build Moderators
  • Content Count

    3,263
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Pete

  • Rank
    Now tasty then.
  • Birthday 10/13/1979

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    The Netherlands
  • Interests
    Anything since 1940 'till now. Mostly 1/72. And some "targets" (tanks, trucks, etc..) as well.

Recent Profile Visitors

31,298 profile views
  1. They did it in USAFE too. Here's one from Soesterberg in 1986. http://rs276.pbsrc.com/albums/kk4/hansderee/ACsss/BDSC_3151_filtered.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
  2. From my IDF/AF RF-4E boxing: Parts on sprue W are definitly for the later version. The curve is much smoother than on sprue X, and the forward diagonal bit is both longer and flatter, if that makes sense.
  3. Well, alas. Missed the deadline. Lack of mojo, some fit issues with the kit, the photobucket thing, and busy with work. And maybe just me being lazy. But, at least I finished it, so there is a silver lining. Hopefully I will be more motived again in the future.
  4. The easiest way would be using the BuNo of the one you'd like to build. It's the 6 digit number near the horizontal tails. Oh, and don't worry about your English, it is perfectly fine.
  5. Brassin by Eduard has some gorgeous exhausts for 1/48 Phantoms. They did them for the Hasegawa kits too, both the long and short cans. Aires ones are very nice as well. Seats, not too sure, which ones are the best for an RF-4B. Many companies did them. Are you doing an early or late RF-4B?
  6. I can send you those decals, but one of the #42 ones is missing, and #28 is damaged. You might be able to fix that with some paint or a piece of red decal from another sheet. The stencils bit is also missing, since I have used those, but I guess you could get those from the kit that you have? Otherwise the sheet is in good condition.
  7. Thanks guys. I'm focusing a bit more on another build at the moment, but I should be working on this one again this week. I'm a bit puzzled by the radome under the fuselage. Revell wants you to paint it black, but I'm having trouble to find proper reference shots that clearly show a black radome. Anyone got any clues?
  8. Ooooh, Tesla, and AMK, in one sentence. Allow me to finish it off: My work is done here. Hi Berkut! No hard feeling, right bud?
  9. Wings! It took some cutting and grinding, but I got them to fit nicely. The kit comes with deployable flaps, but it seems they were in the up position when on the ground, so that's what I did.
  10. How about an Air America one? They did some interesting stuff in the day. One even got into a fight with some An-2's. Some info here
  11. I am recovering well, yes. But it's a bit like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. The plastic of this kit is quite brittle, and the way it's engineered doesn't make it easier. The tailhook has already snapped into 3 pieces, for example. And since the kit comes with all kinds of moveable parts, including the tailhook, things are quite fragile. Anyway, the fuselage has been closed, with a good chunk of lead in the nose: The seats come with passable decal seatbelts. I suppose it will look OK under the canopies: The wings have been glued together. Dry fitting these to the fuselage shows some problems on the underside. The radome under the fuselage is one of the moveable things in the kit. I don't really see the point of it, because you either have to glue it in the stowed raised position, or it drops down to the deployed position. It would have been much easier to paint the lower fuselage if you could add this radome afterwards. This kit is much more challenging than the Fw-200 that was released around the same time, also by Revell. Oh well.
  12. Here's an F-4G during Desert Storm at Incirlik in Turkey, with Mavericks on single launchers.
  13. Well then, Revell wants you to glue the sidewalls of the cockpit in place first, and then slide the instrument panels and rear walls in place after that. Too bad that doesn't work, as some of them have to fit in slots inside the sidewalls. So I had to break one off again to make it fit, snapping the control column off too. Ah well: I painted the seats in some reddish brown color, kinda like a Spitfire seat. I guess they were made of the same material. I also sanded the upper corners a bit rounder. The little windows in front of the rear cockpit will have to be filled for this version:
×
×
  • Create New...