question on 1/72 hc1314 hobbycraft f-18 hornet

Can anyone tell me if it's the same prototype F-18 that was offered in their old hc1353 and hc 1335 boxings? I couldn't find any images of the kit on the net. TIA.

91mOnM9ERrL._SX450_.jpg

HC1314

HC%20HC1353%20F-18.JPG

HC1353

51RarToauuL.jpg

HC1335

Edited by aerofan
  • 2 weeks later...

It's the badly copied Italeri kit from Zhendufu.....I would recommend staying away from it. The decals are OK, but there are better ones out there.

Thanks. It seems they switched to the Kitech/Zhendefu kit (HC1314) from the Idea Korea (HC1353 & 1335) one which was a bad copy of the Italeri prototype F/A-18A. Don't worry. I won't waste my time on either of them but was just curious about it and since now I know who the original manufacturer is, was able to find more photo info about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been bitten by their MiG-15 and MiG-25. Decals are good, kits were awful, for me to say that, they were bad.

There was this weird period from the early-to-mid 2000s where they were pairing their knock-off molds with fairly stellar decals. Their 1/48 Su-27 (rebox of the Zhendufu copy of the Academy kit) had an Uzbek option, their Mi-24/25/35 kit (Italeri Hind with awful amounts of flash and muddied detail) had markings for Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Afghan Northern Alliance, and Macedonia, and their MiG-25 (partially-melted Hasegawa kit) had Algerian, Iraqi, Libyan, and "Wild Weasel" decals. The decals were quite nice in terms of quality too, they go on without a problem. It's really confusing.

And yeah the MiG-25 is quite literally impossible to build. The canopy mold seemed to have been so worn out that it no longer than any detail whatsoever. Bearing in mind that it was a awful copy of the Hasegawa kit - which wasn't the smoothest to fit together - the fuselage sides were horribly warped, with one side being larger than the other.

Edited by beingthehero