very nice looking little model.

but one critique i would make is that, it's not my interpretation in participating to a group build, to only make a thread when the model is done, without any previous nor further WIP photos of the subject... and doing so outside of the forum (on your modelling blog)

cheers

Simon

Edited by mingwin

Hey Simon, glad that you like her.

Regarding not posting any WIP thread. Thing is that there was practically nothing to show as the model literally fell together and was build rather quickly, while on the other hand I was quite busy the last 14 days and didn't have time to set up the photo booth. Same goes with Eduard's MiG-21. I am not a man, that does things half halfheartedly and this also goes for model photography.

On the other hand, with the MiG-21I thread, where I was posting regular updates, I only received 3 comments to my 4 posts and that makes you wonder, why even bother to post anything, but the finished model. I've joined ARC way back, when still the old forums existed and I've noticed it changed dramatically. I guess I could say it got "facebook-ized" - just add a Like button, and people will press that, unfortunately.

Anyhow, if mods believe, that I am in some kind of violation to the group rules, please remove my name from the participants list.

i don't think there is really a group build rules violation... it was just a "critique" didn't intend to be harsh on you... nor trying to "disqualify" you from being eligible to GB prizes... anyway, the GB mods seems to be away and very busy (i mean, really, really , really busy...)

also, your explanation on why you didn't make any WIP thread for that build are credible and understandable. (even if i believe there is no need to take such professional photos (for a WIP (using a booth)) than you usually do... but for the completed build, it give a "wow" effect, for sure! )

i know it sad not to get as much feedback to WIP thread (i experienced it myself many time...) ...but still try to do regular update, because it's the only way for me, to contribute to give this forum some more substance... (my MiG-21 WIP thread didn't have that much "feedback" posts in it, but still it has more than 1100 views... meaning that there is still some people interested...) ...i, myself, often take a look at other's work, without leaving any comment (feeling sometime a bit silly not to have anything better to write than : Great! or Good work!)

but if i made my previous comment, it was mainly because i always follow with great interest your work! (when i see your name as the OP of a thread, i always take a look...)

Edited by mingwin

nah, don't worry, no offense taken. I am not participating in group builds for prizes anyway - the stash is big enough anyway :D oh and yeah, I have noticed our mod hasn't been logged into ARC for almost 3 months.

regarding the quality of photos - well, I am a photographer as well and don't want to make quick snapshots of my progress - but it takes time as I don't have a place in my apartment for permanent setup.