1/48 MiG-25 Foxbat PDS

Awesome build!!!

Kit looks awesome! I wish Aires produces correct resin exhaust cans, I red on this forum that someone talked to them and the answer was that kit is so flawed they won't do any upgrades. So far we only have resin missiles, Neomega upgraded cockpit and Eduard etched sets.

Looking at your build, kit looks to be in the same league as Trumpeter Mig-23 and Su-24 kits, and for those two there is a copious amount of resin produced.

Bit unfair for us who want to build KH kit, and with little effort one can, of course, upgrade it himself and you did marvelous job on it!

Once again congratulations on your build!

P

I believe there is a Neomega resin cockpit designed for the Revell kit that actually fits with only a small bit of work into the Kittyhawk kit. However, being an interceptor the plane was not designed with visibility for the pilot in mind and the cockpit is in fact quite small compared to the rest of the plane which is part of the reason I didn't add it in my build. There are Click2Detail resin exhaust cans (both small and long feathers). One would think more resin companies would've gone for this one considering what a prominent feature this is on the MiG-25. I also like the pointy nose version of the Foxbat, and think this could also make for some nice aftermarket resin. There's also SAC landing gear but I'm not sure if this is "weighted" or not. The pointy nose version was also used as a bomber and has some really nice looking 4 color camouflage schemes.