Googling shows a few places, but from what I can tell most are geared more toward R/C stuff. I've not made it up to the Raleigh area so I haven't looked for any hobby shops around there. I know there's a Hobby Town in Greensboro, which is to the west of Raleigh, but beyond that, I can't help much.

Had a chance to visit Hayes a few years ago, and it was mind blowing. One of the best hobby shops I've ever been in. Definitely haven't ever seen a shop w/ as much aftermarket parts as they had. I could have stayed for hours looking through everything.

Recommendations for what?!

He's looking for hobbyshops in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Here's a tip for everyone. If you are looking for something are asking a question, make sure that your subject is either in your Topic title, or in your post. If you put it in the Topic description only, people who use a mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc) won't have a clue what you are talking about, since the topic description doesn't show on the mobile version of the forums.

He's looking for hobbyshops in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Here's a tip for everyone. If you are looking for something are asking a question, make sure that your subject is either in your Topic title, or in your post. If you put it in the Topic description only, people who use a mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc) won't have a clue what you are talking about, since the topic description doesn't show on the mobile version of the forums.

Thank you . Yes, I was looking for a model shop in Raleigh, NC. but looks like a big NO .

I have heard of the shop in Fayetteville and I look forward to that one when I can go there but this is part of a business trip so I'm not sure there will be time for the extra travel.

Cheers, Christian

I am happy to announce that I was able to visit the Hayes Hobby house this weekend !

Thank you very much for the recommendation and I wish to say that it was well worth the drive.

The owner and all their help demonstrated a lot of enthusiasm and knowledge concerning the hobbies represented in the store . This is not the norm in places that sell modeling items anymore and it was a very nice experience.

I also found their prices to be very friendly.

I highly recommend this place for a visit or simply to mail order items. I believe you will be pleased .

Regards, Christian

Edited by Chris L

I am happy to announce that I was able to visit the Hayes Hobby house this weekend !

Thank you very much for the recommendation and I wish to say that it was well worth the drive.

The owner and all their help demonstrated a lot of enthusiasm and knowledge concerning the hobbies represented in the store . This is not the norm in places that sell modeling items anymore and it was a very nice experience.

I also found their prices to be very friendly.

I highly recommend this place for a visit or simply to mail order items. I believe you will be pleased .

Regards, Christian

Ah, yes, I was using a mobile.

Another great model shop in Fayetteville is Hobbit Hobby, on Yadkin road. Quite a varied selection and good rrreference materials, paints etc.