Hello!

Wanted to share some photos of a project that I worked on intermittently during the Feb. - Apr. time frame. It's awesome for all of those great 1944 ETO dioramas!

Next up: planning release of 1/32 B-24D and J Liberators late 2015/early 2016, followed up with the B-26 mid-late 2016, as an injection molded kits. Kits are still in RD at this point.

Anyways, hope you like!

Wireframe

Wireframe_Render_2.jpg

Cockpit view through canopy

rendering_12.jpg

Tail gear mechanism

tail_wheel_render.jpg

Rear tail assembly

rendering_11.jpg

3/4 Cutaway view

rendering_9.jpg

Tubular frame

Tube_Structure.jpg

Horizontal stabilizer

tail_render_2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Brian

Oooh, I'm really digging the 1/35 CG-4A! Is this going to be a resin kit, or are one of the major manufacturers going to release it? I've actually had plans to build one in 1/10 scale for radio control. I've got most of the major parts for it cut, but the project stalled a couple years back. I've been trying to gather reference material for it as I would like to do a highly detailed cockpit for it. I even managed a couple trips up to the National Soaring Museum in Elmira to get pictures of the fuselage section they have there. I'm definitely in line for a 1/35 kit. Any thoughts on markings? I'd really like to do "The Fighting Falcon" presentation glider myself.

-Dave

Thanks so much for your kind words guys! B-26 project is going to be an epic build for me ...

I would like to see this Waco put into production on 1/48 as an injection molded kit at some point - we'll see. Printing is gonna cost a small fortune in 1/35 and casting will be very time consuming unfortunately!

As far as markings go - there is a cool one with a dragon on the nose that caught my eye (sorry, I cannot recall the unit). The separate steel tubular frame would allow the modeler to "rip" open the sides as it impacted the ground or a tree, etc. for added realism. That was the intent anyway :-)

Best,

Brian

Thanks so much for your kind words guys! B-26 project is going to be an epic build for me ...

I would like to see this Waco put into production on 1/48 as an injection molded kit at some point - we'll see. Printing is gonna cost a small fortune in 1/35 and casting will be very time consuming unfortunately!

As far as markings go - there is a cool one with a dragon on the nose that caught my eye (sorry, I cannot recall the unit). The separate steel tubular frame would allow the modeler to "rip" open the sides as it impacted the ground or a tree, etc. for added realism. That was the intent anyway :-)

Best,

Brian