I'm happy to join this GB with my two 1/72 Fujimi Skyhawks. I hope to finish them well before the deadline so I can start a 1/48 Hasegawa Skyhawk, but we'll see.

I will build them straight from the box except for the decals and possibly some ordnance. Decals to be used will be from vintage Super/Microscale sheets (both will be coded 'NF').

Some progress soon I hope!

A4Skyhawk.jpg

I've started assembly and ran in to a minor problem. One of the tails is the later variant which I will have to modify. Not terribly difficult but delaying the build somewhat.

a4skyhawk2.jpg

Yeah, that's one of the changes made to the Super Fox variant. The instructions will also tell you to use the larger intake parts, but the kit should include the smaller versions you need for a regular F.

Some progress to report: cockpits and seats painted. Aft fuselages have been glued together. I used liberal amounts of white glue to fix some lead to the inside of the noses in order to avoid tailsitting. More to follow this week hopefully.

I had to use plastic shims in the speedbrake wells to improve the sit of the speedbrakes in the closed position.

a4skyhawk4.jpg

Time for a little break cause I'm going on a three week holiday. Had hoped to show some more pictures of the progress this week, but the preparations for my vacation take up all my time. To be continued mid-August! :cheers: