Not the Weekend kit (it's still available), but the Profipack: http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/SSW-D-III-1-48.html

I know the kit had its issues, and Eduard kind of threw it under the bus in a recent Info Eduard*, but that seems awfully quick for them to yank it from the catalogue. I wonder what this means for other WWI kits from Eduard.

*Granted, this is probably even more shocking...

I know the kit had its issues, and Eduard kind of threw it under the bus in a recent Info Eduard*,..

I'm out of the loop ... would you give a link(s) to any issue discussions (I have three unstarted kits), please?

Thanks,

Gene K

Nothing major - mostly people unhappy with the 'rib tape' details (which look more like locking wires) and lozenge of dubious colour. Both are pretty easy to deal with: shave off the 'stitching' detail on the wings, and replace the loz with Aviatic. Also, in test-fitting mine, I'd say that the fit is nowhere near as positive as their other recent releases; nothing bad, just more finnicky and without the click-together engineering many recent Eduard releases have enjoyed.

Surprisingly though, in one of the Info Eduards soon after its release, (and as a result of the WWI guys griping over the above) Vladimir Sulc stated that 'the kit had been developed by an outside source and that this is why it wasn't up to Eduard's usual standards'. Surprising, given the way they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into admitting that yes, their -109 was several scale feet out of whack.

...Vladimir Sulc stated that 'the kit had been developed by an outside source and that this is why it wasn't up to Eduard's usual standards'.

In some ways, that's worse than the Me-109 saga ... a major contractor unable to QC a sub to attain company standards??? And then accept "sub par" work??

Thanks for the suggestions to improve the kit.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K