1/48 Hobby Boss F8F-2

Hello again. For my winter project I decided to do a bunch of Blue Angles stuff. I know, I know, the Blue's have been done by every swinging (insert your own). But you know, being an former Squid I decided what the heck. I don't have any so put that in you pipe and smoke it. LoL Any who, when I got this Hobby Boss F8F-2 Bearcat, I wanted to do something different. For some reason, I love the Navy "Chrome Yellow." So when I started researching I saw the Beetle Bomb from 1949. Then I realized that there were actually two other versions of the "Beetle Bomb." First an SNJ with a bunch of large red dots (trying to imitate a Japanese Zero), and another plain orange yellow just looking lonely without the big red dots. So my friends, if you haven't figured out what my next project will be, I guess you will just have to check back. Thank you guys for your time and advise. I'm still learning with each build I do. Again thank you in advance for you time and hope you all have a great week. Now, if I can just remember how to put a dang picture on here...

2015-09-02%2010.25.18_zps4ooukjoe.jpg

2015-09-02%2010.24.59_zpsjqxmv2qz.jpg

2015-09-02%2010.23.42_zpsp8bfebdm.jpg

2015-09-02%2010.23.05_zpslvoculzw.jpg

2015-09-02%2010.22.45_zpsscod4ysd.jpg

2015-09-02%2010.22.25_zpslqnu3byt.jpg

2015-08-27%2004.48.31_zpskc0nz1d8.jpg

2015-08-10%2011.57.07_zpsa7mefafj.jpg

Blue Angels are always a good subject. You have inspired me to do my own Beetle Bomb. Good Job.

Geoff M

Thank you Geoff. I was getting ready to think I really "Bombed" with this one. I am glad that I was able to inspire at least one person. That makes it all worth while.

Shawn

Are you sure you got the head landinggear allright?

It looks reversed to me.

Well, after looking at it again I figured out what it was. The gear is right. The doors on the other hand are not. I missed that. Thank you for pointing it out. I will try and do better in the future.

as well as not straight in any axis, yes, the landing gear are installed on the wrong sides.

Tony

Thank you for pointing that out. The support strut pushed them out and at the time I didn't think it was that bad. After what you said I revisited my research papers and found I did place the doors on the wrong sides. Thank you and I will try and do better.

Well, after looking at it again I figured out what it was. The gear is right. The doors on the other hand are not. I missed that. Thank you for pointing it out. I will try and do better in the future.

The landing gear leg scissors are supposed to be on the front of the leg on a actual Bearcat. You have them to the rear. You have the legs & doors on the wrong sides.

Tony

The landing gear leg scissors are supposed to be on the front of the leg on a actual Bearcat. You have them to the rear. You have the legs & doors on the wrong sides.

Tony

Yes, your right Tony. Thank you for setting me straight. I guess that is what I get for working on it in the middle of the night when I cant sleep. I will do better. Thanks again.