1/200 Trump. Iowa and Missouri comparison?

Bit of a cost on purchase of these and after looking around this internet thing, still found no definite answer.

Besides the number, what makes these kits different? They are from the same mold as far as the big parts?

I originally wanted the Mo, but am told seller only has Iowa now.

Don't mind doing a WWII build but anything I should know before I drop serious $$? Thanks!

Try over on this site, you might get a quicker answer. Doesn't seem to be many of us on ARC that build ships :)/>/>/>

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/index.php?sid=3577ddc8cebe5e3d6b1b4e4aabe8919c

Thanks, I had read that one before but it doesn't directly say both kits are the same. Read that the Iowa didn't match drawings, but Mo did? That confused me as I may have misunderstood the statement because if the kits are the same as far as major parts (Hull, deck, etc.) then both would measure the same. And for me to ask this at those ship sites, would have to register, etc. and I don't care to go through all that just for a question. Was hoping to find it here...

Also, keep in mind that the ships had different detail as commissioned and then varied widely over time---from each other and a ship's previous configurations.

Note especially the bridge and the Mo's forward gun tub, which was later removed.

Yes, true but like to know as a buyer what differences from each kit as is "in the box" as WWII builds since I might have to go ahead and get the Iowa. Just like to know if it is considered a lesser kit than the Mo. in any way. Thanks.

Thanks, I had read that one before but it doesn't directly say both kits are the same. Read that the Iowa didn't match drawings, but Mo did? That confused me as I may have misunderstood the statement because if the kits are the same as far as major parts (Hull, deck, etc.) then both would measure the same. And for me to ask this at those ship sites, would have to register, etc. and I don't care to go through all that just for a question. Was hoping to find it here...

Sorry man. Wish I could help.....next time, if you want a comparison between the 1/350 WW2 Missouri and modern New Jersey from Tamiya, I can help :)