Great Wall F-15C vs. Hasegawa F-15C?

To piggyback on this discussion about Hasegawa vs. GWH...is it possible to build earlier versions of the F-15 with the GWH kit? Can you build a pre-MSIP II Charlie? What about an F-15A? It sure sounds like the GWH F-15 is the superior choice; I'm just not sure the kit has the version I'm looking for. If you all who have experience with the GWH kit could explain what's what, I'd really appreciate it.

Chris

As always, it depends, because the devil is in the (scale) details. For modeling purposes the pre-MSIP A and C models were just about identical at a certain point in the late 80s. Modifying a MSIP kit (that was actually accurate on the details) could present issues of removing antennas and adding things like the tail hook fairing and sabre drains. The problem is those type of details weren't part of MSIP but have been identified in most of the modeling world as such and have to be dealt with too. The best thing to do is to pick a specific airframe and time, and there are people here who have crewed or flown the jet that could tell you what needs to be done.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Thanks for all the responses to my original post. I went ahead and bought 2 of the Great Wall F-15C's and 2 sets of Two Bobs decals. I'm going to go ahead and build my Hasegawa F-15C's as ANG birds and use the Two Bobs decals on the GWH Eagles one in flight one with gear down. Problem solved. Thanks for all the replies.