Here's a herd of Mustangs – fighter planes, that is. Here is my collection of 1/72 scale American P-51 Mustangs and close kin. The Mustang I is a modified Academy P-51 kit. This airplane was flown by American Hollis Hills who volunteered with the RCAF and was the first Mustang pilot to score an aerial victory (over Dieppe). The P-51 (no suffix) is the Academy kit out of the box. The A-36A is an old Czech resin kit that was even better than most injection-molded kits! I modified another Academy kit to make the P-51A (in Air Commando stripes). A different Academy kit makes into the P-51B, with "Shangri-La" markings by Aeromaster. "Jersey Jerk" is the Tamiya P-51D with the OOP Puget Sound resin drop-flap wing and SuperScale decals. For the Korean War F-51D, I used the new Airfix kit out of the box. The P-51H is the RS "Air Guard" boxing with kit decals. And then the classic Monogram F-82E Twin Mustang fills out the family portrait.

DSCN9221_zpsammz0yl8.jpg