Models for Marines - Looking for the following kits

Gentlemen,

After building the Prowler models for VMAQ-2, I have been inundated with requests to build models of the EA-6B and F/A-18D for other Marines. Because of this, I have decided to devote all of my free time to building scale models for Marines on active duty at no cost to them. In order to help cover some of the costs (kits, materials and shipping), I started a fundraiser on Facebook that has so far been a big success. All funds raised will be used to purchase the needed kits. If you're on Facebook, weekly updates on Friday evening will be posted with donation and expenditure reports, as well as the build list and progress of each build. The page on FB is : Flying Leathernecks Scale Creations

With that, I am looking for the following kits at the most reasonable price you can offer them (read : least possible price). Raymond Chung of Luckymodel/Kinetic has already helped me with bulk purchases of the Kinetic Hornets and Prowlers, so I do not need any of those.

I would also be happy to trade Flying Leathernecks Decals for kits and would obviously be grateful for donations. 

1/48 Academy CH-53E
1/48 Academy CH-46E
1/48 Kittyhawk F-35B
1/48 Kittyhawk UH-1Y
1/48 Kittyhawk AH-1Z
1/48 Italeri MV-22
1/48 Italeri C-130J
1/48 Italeri AH-1W
1/48 Hasegawa AV-8B II Plus
1/48 Hasegawa AV-8B Night Attack
1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18A
1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18C
1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18D
1/48 Hobbyboss A-6E

If you have any of the above to part with, please contact me directly at the following address

flyingleathernecks@att.net

Thank you,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/donate/351256892151306/?fundraiser_source=external_url

• 1 month later...

That is a phenomenal plan, when I am in better financial shape, I will definitely throw you some greenbacks, might not be a lot, but something is better than nothing! I surmise from your avatar that you are a Marine, are you still on active/reserve? Thank you for your service as well!

I actually have a few of the kits you are looking for, wish I had found you sooner, I would have just sent one direct from an ebay purchase straight to your door. Now they are in the Philippines with me, shipping them back to the US would be silly.

Anyway, good luck with your project, I know you are going to do these guys justice regarding their serial numbers, and they will cherish them for years to come!

Cheers,

Anthony

2 hours ago, Stalker6recon said:

That is a phenomenal plan, when I am in better financial shape, I will definitely throw you some greenbacks, might not be a lot, but something is better than nothing! I surmise from your avatar that you are a Marine, are you still on active/reserve? Thank you for your service as well!

I actually have a few of the kits you are looking for, wish I had found you sooner, I would have just sent one direct from an ebay purchase straight to your door. Now they are in the Philippines with me, shipping them back to the US would be silly.

Anyway, good luck with your project, I know you are going to do these guys justice regarding their serial numbers, and they will cherish them for years to come!

Cheers,

Anthony

Thank you and I'm retired. 

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Thank you and I'm retired.  

Hmmmm, never heard of a retired Marine, didn't know they allowed that! My old roommate would be turning red at the mere thought of being anything other than just "a Marine". As I was army, we had a lot of good banter back and forth. It's really cool what you are doing, I saw the picture you posted of "a few more", I don't think there is any left! Then I noticed the binders with aircraft type, something tells me you are a bit more than your average builder, by your standards, I am not even a rookie yet, just a wet behind the ears baby!

Anyway, all the best,

Anthony

PS. Just checked out your FB and realized that you live in my old stomping grounds. I was a transplant though, and when my place burned down in 2000,that was it for me. Now that I live in the Philippines, I have considered returning to the US, and Georgia is at the top of my list.

Edited by Stalker6recon
Added content.