ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
martin_sam_2000

1/72 CF-188B

Time to start some new build threads. I have started this kit already, working on painting parts right now and some scratch work. Both cockpit tubs were missing but there were 2 resin ejection seats so I used some sheet plastic to build up a floor so the seats would be at the right place. With the IP installed, at such a small scale, most of the missing bits wont be seen. I also had to scratch build part of the lower LEX extensions as one of those parts were missing. Should be getting the weathering done soon and I can get this all buttoned up.

I have been dealing with some hosting issues with my webpage and as soon as it is sorted I will get some pictures posted.

Sean

Is this the early issue of the Hasegawa kit?

Looking forward to your progress, I have one or 2 of these to build as RAAF and RCAF versions.

3 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Is this the early issue of the Hasegawa kit?

Looking forward to your progress, I have one or 2 of these to build as RAAF and RCAF versions.

Yes. It is a little dated, but in 1/72 it looks ok. It belongs to a co-worker and I am building it as a commison for him, and he got from a family friend years ago...hence the missing parts. The decals That came with it are VERY yellow and are for the older scheme. I managed to snag a set of Cannuck decals before he folded shop. Going to be an in flight 410Sqn bird. 

sean

as promised, some progress pictures.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

nice! 72nd scale Hornet. I'm curious what are You going to use for the side consoles?

Nothing. At that scale with the canopy closed, you cant really tell there is nothing there. May still even add pilots. 

Sean

Posted (edited)

Some more progress. I haven't had much time at the desk with everything going on as I am still working and my oldest is now home from daycare. I am hopeful I have more time in the future as we figure out a new normal routine.

most of the work on this has been cleaning up seams and getting everything ready for a coat of primer.

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000

Nice fit on the nose. I usually have to fight Hase Hornet in this area. It either has a step on the left upper part, or the entire underside.