Academy SBD-5 Dauntless 1/48

Hello,

Just finished this one here. It’s the old Accurate Miniatures reboxed by Academy. I’ve been reading a lot of praising for this kit, the best Dauntless in this scale, a classic etc etc. Well, I have to say, not a bad kit, in general, but I’m not that enthusiastic about it. But, being fair, just could not be that good, given its age. 

The clear parts are terrible. When not cracked, with me 3 out of 5 were, they don’t fit well, either if you choose closed or open, stacked, canopy. 

For the rest, except for the flashing in almost all parts, it was ok. Oh yes, the manual too, not good. I was told to search on line for the original Accurate manual, which I did, and it turned out way better than the Academy one, even having some parts that don’t match the model.

Hope you’ll enjoy.

Cheers!

yVUyNeL.jpg0V33aMX.jpgVUv2S48.jpg9nPGTsx.jpg9c4K7RB.jpgSnwf9xm.jpgfUNgOfB.jpgWdbi9w1.jpg9aNnZgw.jpgYr27ywB.jpgS5oqSrO.jpgK4Ef3uL.jpgs8ucXXG.jpg

George G,

That sure is pretty, I love realistic looking models. The paint application is extremely

well done, especially the "chipping" you applied. Just about right, because like we all

know that... less is more. Superb looking Dauntless, job well done!

49 minutes ago, The Underdog said:

George G,

That sure is pretty, I love realistic looking models. The paint application is extremely

well done, especially the "chipping" you applied. Just about right, because like we all

know that... less is more. Superb looking Dauntless, job well done!

Thank you!