Custom decals/transfers? (Medevac helicopters)

Hello, all! I was looking for advice on where I could possibly get 1/72 and 1/32 custom decals made? I am a flight paramedic and I have started to make some EMS helicopter models (specifically EC-135 and EC-145) that I would like to look like some services in the US. I can paint them up well, but I would like decals/transfers for the tail numbers and also logos. Any ideas how I could get some made up or make them myself?

As an aside, I didn't realize there was such a dearth of civilian helicopter models. I would love to get the Bell 407 and EC-130, but I can't find them anywhere. Even a decent toy in 1/32 or 1/72 scale would be good as I could custom paint it. 

Thank you so much for any help!

Welcome to ARC.  Great first post!  I'm a Flight Nurse/Paramedic and also enjoy modeling helicopters in colors other than olive drab.  Don't take the lack of civilian helicopters personally.  The manufacturers need to make money on their products and the civilian aircraft just don't make the cut most of the time.  Luckily, most of the military aircraft are based off a civilian model, or maybe it's the other way around?  I don't recall the company, but a Bell 407 was possibly in the works.  As for decals, that is a tough one.  John (forum name Air Medical) is also a EMS helicopter fan and I think might do some custom decal work.  Good luck and enjoy the forums.  This is a great source of information, knowledge and craftsmanship.  

Todd 

If want custom decals, there are various companies that can help you. Most will just do the printing for you, others can do the artwork too. The latter is the laborious part, and it would be great if you can do that yourself. Here are my two lists of custom decal printers, one for companies that use Alps printers (the standard printer from years ago) and one for companies that use other types of printers:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/decals.htm#custom

To show you what's possible, here's a custom sheet that SpotModel did for me. I supplied the artwork. The quality is not as good as aftermarket decals, but still very nice. Maybe it depends on how old your eyes are 😀

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/regio/images/rzh-pauze-32.jpg

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie