McConnell F-86 Decals and Photos?

Hey All,

To start with, I've had the Eduard repackaged Ultimate Sabre kit for awhile now, and I also got additional Eduard extras, the Brassin wheels/tires and the Eduard upgrade set 48863.  The F-86 is one of my absolute favorite airplanes, and I hope someday, someone (ideally, either Eduard or Tamiya) come out with a new tool 1/48 (or even a 1/32) F-86, with ALL the options, posable control surfaces, and the absolute REAL ultimate surface detail in state of the art molding.  I know this is likely a pipe dream, but who knows...maybe it will happen.

For now, though, with my existing F-86F kit, I would REALLY like to do it in Joseph McConnell decals/markings.  I know there have been some McConnell decals available in the past.  I'm surprised that the current Eduard kits doesn't have McConnell markings.  Does anyone know if there are any Cartograf-made F-86 decals of McConnell's F-86F?  Also, does anyone know of the best reference(s) with photos of McConnell's plane?  I've done some research, but hoping there is someone out there who has the full story on photos and decals?  Many thanks in advance for anything you can provide! 

Edited by Curt B
  • 3 weeks later...