Iwata Super Lube question...

I was doing some research on Iwata Super Lube and I found this mentioned on this forum...

"There are two lubricants that I recommend for airbrushes. Badger's Needle Juice and Medea's Super Lube. They were both formulated for airbrushes specifically and they will not affect your paints in any way.

I put lube on the front half of the needle to help with tip dry and to stop paint from adhering to the needle.

I also put a drop on the bottom of the trigger as well as a little on the sides of the trigger where it rubs against the body of the airbrush.

I even put a drop on my finger and rub it around inside the color cup to keep paint from adhering as much to the cup which makes cleaning easier."

Has anyone applied Iwata Super lube to their needle to reduce dry tip? (Using acrylics) Does it really work?

Also, will this work in the paint cup to prevent paint from adhering to the inside?

Thanks.

Scott
CNJC-IPMS

I guess in a way yes.
Its not often that I do strip it down but when I do I always put a drop on the main needle seal and then drag the whole needle through a rag that has a very small amount on it.
The lube on the tip doesnt last the thinners I put through it though.

A drop on the needle below the trigger to ease its use doesnt go a-miss. Otherwise I wouldnt drop any down the plunger lest it gets into the air stream.