A-10C False Canopies

When I think of false canopies, the CF-188's are the first image in my mind.  So I'm thinking of a hard demarcation perfectly drawn canopy. I was holding this assumption until getting ready to pain the canopy on my Academy A-10C.  The instructions suggest a soft demarcation line, which seems consistent with the photo's I've seen.  The instructions call for a symmetrical looking oval, but looking through images online, it appears some of these false canopies may be rather irregular. 

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or are this in fact correct for the A-10C?  I'd love to hear from people with more knowledge of the A-10.  Thank you for any feedback!

I'm working on an A-10 right now and it really varies, not only edge but also shape and how far forward or back it is. The jet I'm doing, which is from the 190th FS, has more a soft edge, but doing my research, they had jets that were all over the place. I know this doesnt help, best thing to do is lock onto a jet and Google the s___ out of it.

Duane

Most of the A-10's I have worked had the soft demarcation line but some that were painted at a different paint facility had a hard edge, but that was a small amount. 

Thank you both! I think I’m going to go with the instructions call out. I wish I was better at finding air frame specific photos. But the instructions have seemed pretty reasonable for accuracy and are roughly consistent with the photos I’m seeing.