Best 1/72 Hawker Hunter

Gents,

I was looking for opinions on the best Hawker Hunter to build. There seem to be a plethora of kits, boxed and reboxed, so I was hoping for some input before I add one to my stash. No early jet collection can be complete without at least one, but which one?

Thanks in advance,

Harry

Lutz, FL

In 1:72, Revell is the lead choice by far.  I don't believe this kit has ever been reboxed by anyone else.  All other options are obsolete by comparison.

Note this tooling was originally produced in 2005 as an F.6, with an FGA.9 update offered later.  If you have your heart set on a particular variant/squadron you'll need to be mindful of which details are appropriate.  There should be aftermarket conversions available for most of the major versions not catered to by the kit options.

Revell is the option, you can find on ebay or store from europe. There are a hunter T MK 7 (double seat) from Xtrakit also.

All others 1/72 Hunters are old tooling (from 70s and 80s)

cheers

Ordered one today, with masks. An F.6. I kinda want to the do the Belgian version that comes with the kit - in the NATO spirit and all. Thanks for all the input, guys.

Harry

Lutz, FL