Final Countdown F-14s (sorry attempt at painting clouds)

Guys, don't say I didn't warn you.   My coffee painting of the Final Countdown scene where Senator Chapman and company look up at the F-14s thundering overhead, sillhouetted against the sky. 

I tried everything I could -- going slowly, quickly, mottling, stippling, trying to force out some realistic clouds -- and nothing, lol.    But I thought I'd post it anyway -- just enjoy a good laugh - just don't spray coffee on your keyboard : )  I'll charge this to experience and keep trying : )

img%5D

img%5D  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gregg, you made my day, thanks!  : )   Makes me want to keep trying and doing more of these : )   I could hear you guys saying "Please, no more!" haha.   Seriously,  I'm really seeing clouds in a different light now.   Whenever I'm driving I now tend to look at the sky and examine the clouds and how to put it down on paper.   It seems so easy -- they just look like cotton to me but whatever I do I just can't seem to make them look realistic : )   I do observe that the medium I'm using (coffee) is just difficult to keep even -- so it's easy create tonal varieties even if you don't intend to but difficult to create bigger areas with an even tone, which makes it ideal for weathering but for bigger areas needing a single tone like depicting an open cloudless sky it's very difficult.  It's the exact opposite of model painting where single colors are easier and weathering is harder to depict.

This may sound funny but since your medium of choice is coffee, have thought about tea also?

It might help in the softer shades ...

Oh, and don't get to lost in the clouds while driving ... :whistle:

-Gregg

• 4 weeks later...