Help! Need instructions! Nichimo 1/20 H-500

• 5 weeks later...

Any ideas as to possibility to convert this one to MD-500(military) configuration?

I know a 5th blade should be added,rotor heads have same parts?

How different are the blades? Probably 5 blades are narrower than 4?

It has been done in the past! 3D printing might help out with the rotorhead and tailplane. The blades are different and I think the chord gets wider for the outer half of the blade span. The blade roots are different too. The hydraulic dampers will need to be added. You could take measurements from a TOW pod from a smaller kit and figure out how big the 1/20th pod would be. The same with the nose mounted sight. Lots of sratchbuilding but doable.

LD.

SCAN0045.jpg

1 hour ago, Loach Driver said:

It has been done in the past! 3D printing might help out with the rotorhead and tailplane. The blades are different and I think the chord gets wider for the outer half of the blade span. The blade roots are different too. The hydraulic dampers will need to be added. You could take measurements from a TOW pod from a smaller kit and figure out how big the 1/20th pod would be. The same with the nose mounted sight. Lots of sratchbuilding but doable.

LD.

Thanks for that!! 

Do you know who can print these parts?

There's also a 4 bladed tail rotor for the scout version