...At least to me.

Ā 

Looky here what Santa (in the guise of the United States Postal Service) brung mešŸ˜Š!

Ā 

IMG_0456.JPG

Ā 

IMG_0455.JPG

Ā 

Even the decals are in decent shape!

Ā 

IMG_0457.JPG

Ā 

Maybe I can send in the "Young Astronaut" application in for "Space Cowboy" type geezers...

That is a lovely monster of a kit. I built it when it was re-released, and I was not great at building and finishing monster kits back then. It's been since disassembled and stripped it back to bare plastic pending scribing and a bit of detailing. It has no cockpit to speak of, something that the aftermarket has never cured. There's a great article in an old Fine Scale Modeler (March 2010?? (Ā I disassembed my B-52 13 years ago and haven't done anything with it since??) by someone who really did a nice job on finishing the thing. The kit decals are super basic. Someone did make a decal set for the 1/72 carriers, but they're long out of production. I've been trying to draft my own. A slow, faltering WIP. I'll see if I can attach an low-res image of some of the markings here. If you open the image in a new tab, you can enlarge it just enough to read the names of the ground crew. They're my space modelling inspirations. Boy, just looking at the mission drop markings already have me breaking out in a cold sweat. What a chore they were...Ā  Merry Christmas and Happy Building!

New NB52 Markings.jpg

Edited by SpacecraftGuy
  • 4 weeks later...

Cutting Edge madeĀ a set of B-52A "Balls Three" decals that are now being sold by Fine Art of Decals (same guy but new business after his divorce);

CED72111 NB-52A ā€œBalls Threeā€

checkout fineartofdecals.comĀ  Ā they are a bit pricey at $34

Ā 

Hope this helps,

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

58 minutes ago, Bo105flyer said:

Cutting Edge madeĀ a set of B-52A "Balls Three" decals that are now being sold by Fine Art of Decals (same guy but new business after his divorce);

CED72111 NB-52A ā€œBalls Threeā€

checkout fineartofdecals.comĀ  Ā they are a bit pricey at $34

Ā 

Hope this helps,

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

Ā 

The site says the 1/72 sheet is sold out. He has the same markings in 1/144 that is "down to the last few sets"

32 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Ā 

The site says the 1/72 sheet is sold out. He has the same markings in 1/144 that is "down to the last few sets"

Well, I just put that sheet in my cart and when I went to check out it did not say anything about being sold out.

Ā 

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

18 minutes ago, Bo105flyer said:

Well, I just put that sheet in my cart and when I went to check out it did not say anything about being sold out.

Ā 

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

I just saw where it is sold out. Too bad,

That's why I started drafting my own - I really want to re-do my NB-52 as Balls 8 and he was long sold out of it in 1/72. And, besides, it's kind of fun researching and coming up with different and additional markings. Tho' I may have to do some extra markings Balls 3 for my Atlantis rerelease. But it looks like this winter weather season I'm just going to try to get my set of shuttle decals finished. All that's left is the top of the nose area and I'm busy trying to match my drafting to the compound curves.Ā It has been a many January/February's project. Time to get it done.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by SpacecraftGuy