"The Only Video You Need to Understand Airplane Propellers"

Just finished watching this:

Jan 14, 2024
In this video we go over some of the most important propeller concepts, some of which are misunderstood by most of people. Propeller theory is exceptionally complex, but I explain it in a simple and easy to understand way without going very deep into math and physics.  Unless you are an aeronautical engineer or already know everything about propellers you can expect to go out of watching this video having a much increased understanding on the workings and limitations of airplane propellers.

Also watch this video to understand how an engine gearbox actually multiplies torque at the propeller:    • Propeller Speed Reduction TORQUE Incr...  

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ExchefAndy said:

Thank you Southwest

Welcome!

Dad and Granddad were each pilots for a season or two of their lives but with my messy health I've not been and won't be; even so, aviation remains an interest.

And remains a thing about which I will only ever have incomplete knowledge and understanding, but that's okay, it is enough to enjoy things about aviation.