Disregard **** 1/128 Monogram Missile Arsenal Question

I was able to find an online reference for the Jupiter C and using this, I can come up with a reasonable part to replace the missing piece.

I was able to score on a partial kit of the really old (1958) Monogram 1/128 scale Missile Arsenal kit off the bay.   This kit here.   United States Missile Arsenal, Monogram PD40-298 (1958) (scalemates.com)

Doing an inventory of what is included, I'm finding that the 2nd/3rd stage portion of the Jupiter C missile is gone.   I need to figure out the dimensions of this part (diameter and length) so I can scratch build it.  Does anyone have this kit in their stash?  If so, can I get you to measure this part for me?   It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Drifterdon
  • Drifterdon changed the title to Disregard **** 1/128 Monogram Missile Arsenal Question

I've seen this kit on the shelf at a local Hobby Lobby, and boxed kits are 40% off this week.  Still probably an expensive solution....

45 minutes ago, habu2 said:

I've seen this kit on the shelf at a local Hobby Lobby, and boxed kits are 40% off this week.  Still probably an expensive solution....

I'm guessing that is probably the Atlantis repop of the Monogram U.S. Space Missiles kit.   That kit does not include the Jupiter C.   Only the Army Redstone.  I did already pick up one of these kits to help round out the missing rockets/missiles in my 1958 boxing.

Don

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Yes it was the Atlantis repop.  I did not realize there were differences from the Monogram release.

The original 1958 Monogram release was the Missile Arsenal kit which included the Snark, Regulus, Matador, Vanguard, and Jupiter C missiles/rockets.   When Monogram reworked the kit in the '60's, it was released as the U.S. Space Missiles.  They got rid of the ones I mentioned earlier but added the Titan II, Polaris, and a few others I don't recall.   Atlantis' reissue is of this later U.S. Space Missile set.  

When Atlantis released this kit, I grabbed one to build but have also been trying to get one of the original Missile Arsenal kits to build as a comparison.

Edited by Drifterdon