Now available...DJRP pod for 72nd and 48th Harrier Gr7 and Jaguar kits. Check it out.

I like Harriers and Jaguars so much and sadly the kits available never come with a good selection of weapons correctly corresponding to common use of those specific airframes. So here I go making more under wing thingies. Pod's front camera housing can be clocked in any rotational position and facing up to replicate stowed positioning. Hardly any cleanup necessary on these items due to design layout.

Items are available here.
72nd Scale LINK

48th Scale LINK

Other cool items LINK

Thanks for looking.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

20240214_213349.jpg

20240214_211957.jpg

20240214_211807.jpg

John, I'm interested indeed. it's just sad that if you Google or Wikipedia harrier, the first image to see is likely to be this one from Afghanistan. And it's sad that the load out like this (apparently rather common) is almost impossible to source on the aftermarket scene... 

1280px-RAF_Harrier_GR9.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Studneru said:

John, I'm interested indeed. it's just sad that if you Google or Wikipedia harrier, the first image to see is likely to be this one from Afghanistan. And it's sad that the load out like this (apparently rather common) is almost impossible to source on the aftermarket scene... 

1280px-RAF_Harrier_GR9.jpeg

Due to scale limitations i had to release the 72nd and 48th DJRP's like they are. For 32nd scale, I am modifying the model to incorporate a separate lens and maybe some "gubbins" to represent optics behind transparency. I also need to develop a centerline rack because the Trumpeter kit does not include one even though the instructions show drilling holes to locate one.  The 5003's I will make them with the frangible covers on . Paveway IV's I don't know...didn't someone make some before. Maybe I am wrong. I mean I wouldn't mind making some. There are some things I am looking at making regarding the shortcomings of the weapon set already included in this kit. That sniper pod...does anyone offer one in 32nd. Hmmmm! Need to clear my plate of some stuff that is close to completion in order here. I don't want to leave stuff unfinished and develop a backlog. Sweet pic.

Hi Johnathan,

No one makes Paveway IVs in 1/72, at least.  I don't know about 1/48; not my scale. Kits like the Airfix Harrier have a GBU-12 (Paveway II) instead of the Paveway IV.  You'd think Airfix could make a good one, since the IV is a British LGB and they and Saudi Arabia are the only users.  But no, they don't.

I think Olimp used to make one as part of an upgrade kit, but I think Olimp's defunct.

Just my two cents.  Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks,

Tom

2 hours ago, wxltcol said:

Hi Johnathan,

No one makes Paveway IVs in 1/72, at least.  I don't know about 1/48; not my scale. Kits like the Airfix Harrier have a GBU-12 (Paveway II) instead of the Paveway IV.  You'd think Airfix could make a good one, since the IV is a British LGB and they and Saudi Arabia are the only users.  But no, they don't.

I think Olimp used to make one as part of an upgrade kit, but I think Olimp's defunct.

Just my two cents.  Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks,

Tom

I will do my best to take a crack at them. More stuff being worked on and new stuff posted today including CRV pods and 32nd DJRP. See latest posting in this forum from me. Thanks.

2 hours ago, wxltcol said:

Apologies for pushing you!  If everyone did this to you and you said OK, you wouldn't have a life.  Not my intent..

Tom

:>) No worries. I have been finding this kind of challenge fun. Thankfully...someone was able to supply me with some references that took the mostly painful part of this equation in producing accurately shaped miniatures of the real deal. So I looked briefly into what it would take and what drawings and dims are needed to make the Paveway IV in miniature and I don't think I have enough information unfortunately. I would like to make some and  in 1/72...I am sure they would be interesting but I just dont think I have enough to work with. I will be keeping it in mind.