New product release...1/48 B37K-1 bomb rack.

7 hours ago, Mustang381 said:

Do you make decals also for your products?

Not at this time. A lot of the stuff I make usually is seen without markings but if they are few are seen with any type of standard markings Mines for example seem to be used in exercise and because of salt water, take up weathering after multiple reuse and are repainted after re use over time in some kind of high visibility option. Live munitions seem to be all green with no tell tale signs of yellow markings commonly associated with live munitions. Then the racks, at unit level they might have a few numbers applied for identifiers but those can be sourced off scrap decals. Paveways seem to maybe need some but I do not have enough reference on those to drive making artwork. I do have to note...when you find images online...there are a variety of options for painting colors, stripes and all that. Good luck and I hope this helps.

J

49 minutes ago, Jonathan Smith said:

Not at this time. A lot of the stuff I make usually is seen without markings but if they are few are seen with any type of standard markings Mines for example seem to be used in exercise and because of salt water, take up weathering after multiple reuse and are repainted after re use over time in some kind of high visibility option. Live munitions seem to be all green with no tell tale signs of yellow markings commonly associated with live munitions. Then the racks, at unit level they might have a few numbers applied for identifiers but those can be sourced off scrap decals. Paveways seem to maybe need some but I do not have enough reference on those to drive making artwork. I do have to note...when you find images online...there are a variety of options for painting colors, stripes and all that. Good luck and I hope this helps.

J

Brother, about aircraft weapons, trust me, they are all marked.I didn't ask you this because I don't like what you make, I like it a lot, but it would be great to have full kit of specific item with markings that one have.Good luck in future work.

4 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

Love what you're doing!

Any chance of seeing this in 1/72 scale? I know it would be quite small.   🔎

Thank you. I appreciate the support. Give me a little to get back on this idea. I can give it a try. Sometimes I have downscaled items I thought were not possible and yielded some unexpected results. Trouble spots might be the tail ends on the Mk.76's and stabilizers on the rack itself which I would have to "beef" up in ways to make the parts producible. I probably might have to make some adjustments in CAD. Might not be 100% true to scale but would be close enough to pass in 72nd. I think this is generally known and accepted of any scale replica though so I can try. I will be back in touch. 

24 minutes ago, Jonathan Smith said:

Thank you. I appreciate the support. Give me a little to get back on this idea. I can give it a try. Sometimes I have downscaled items I thought were not possible and yielded some unexpected results. Trouble spots might be the tail ends on the Mk.76's and stabilizers on the rack itself which I would have to "beef" up in ways to make the parts producible. I probably might have to make some adjustments in CAD. Might not be 100% true to scale but would be close enough to pass in 72nd. I think this is generally known and accepted of any scale replica though so I can try. I will be back in touch. 

Thank you!

Jonathan, your bomb rack looks excellent! I've been researching the RNLAF F-84F stores (tanks, weapons, others) for a couple of years now, and this bomb rack was part of its stores too. The confusing thing was the various names applied to it.

I don't think I ever saw the 'AF/B37K' or 'B37K' designation in RNLAF documents, only for other aircraft (like USAF OV-10). I did find 'R-3', and I've traced that back to the F-86F Flight Manual, where it's listed as 'R-3 Fragmentation Bomb Rack'.  It was often called 'LABS rack' within the RNLAF, probably because it was bought for training of the LABS bombing procedure. In the German Air Force it was called Mk 25.

Do you recognize any of the above? I would love to be trace back the history of this bomb rack.

Rob

On 3/18/2024 at 11:58 AM, Jonathan Smith said:

I placed an order yesterday for your 1/72 scale version, so I'll be eager to see how you were able to downsize the print. Even if it's slightly overscale, I think it'll be fine.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

I placed an order yesterday for your 1/72 scale version, so I'll be eager to see how you were able to downsize the print. Even if it's slightly overscale, I think it'll be fine.

Actually...in this case...it turned out no modifications were needed so the 72nd version is a perfect scaled down version of the 48th.👍 To my surprise... It just so happened to work out fine. 

Edited by Jonathan Smith
On 3/21/2024 at 11:48 AM, Jonathan Smith said:

Actually...in this case...it turned out no modifications were needed so the 72nd version is a perfect scaled down version of the 48th.👍 To my surprise... It just so happened to work out fine. 

Hey, I received your 1/72 B37s yesterday (I'm b*******d on eBay). They look great! You might consider selling the BDU-33s separately. They look good mounted on TERs.

If you are looking for additional ideas, take a look at this thread about the CBU-30 here on ARC.