1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

I'm not gonna be surprised if this build will win a major model show. It will certainly bag some pretty big prizes, I'm betting for best aircraft, people's choice, best subject etc... :D

Thanks Hans,

Only time will tell, along way to go with more than one pitfall to overcome before the end. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Work continues with the canopy sections. There is a lot of work here and it is rather tedious - so progress is slow, but the parts are almost ready for paint.

Three shots. One of the side panels, the beginings of the canopy locks and a strut that holds the canopy door open.

More soon...

canopydoors48zs.th.jpg canopydoors36vx.th.jpg canopydoors23gk.th.jpg

Quick update. The canopy frames have been painted. Here is the first canopy locking mechanism. I'll do a little weathering with a silver pencil to bring out the details a little more. Notice the stripes on the handles are hand painted and not very well on the real thing!

canopylocks33jz.th.jpg canopylocks24bh.th.jpg canopylocks12qn.th.jpg

I swear to God there are times I don't know if it's pictures of the model or the real aircraft I'm looking at :P Keep it up man, this is astounding!

Well consindering the painting you are working on I guess that makes two of us. Thanks very much for the compliment!

Well consindering the painting you are working on I guess that makes two of us. Thanks very much for the compliment!

Good to see the ARC mutual appreciation society is up and running :banana:

Joking apart, your work on the Bronco was one of the threads that convinced me to join ARC and has inspired me to get back to work on my own models on a couple of occasions after seeing the results of your craftsmanship :cheers:

Um, Can I bet that the starboard canopy/doors will be posed open? :lol:

That's affirmative, the starboard side doors will be open. In fact in the last pic you can see the finished locks for the starboard side - in the open position.

Timmy!

Here are some stuff which the "wee little leprechaun" left behind in the cockpit.

VOL 2 Approach plates, NATOPS Pocket Checklist (PCL) and a Los Angeles VFR Sectional.

natops28cs.th.jpg

Edited by Timmy!
Yes! The right side will be opened up.

All right!!! :thumbsup:

Um, Sir, can you post the plans for the tuboprops? I'm having trouble on mine because the one I have on the flight manual of the OV-10A was not good, and I'm still having confusions in the pics that I took of the real engines... :cheers:

Here are some stuff which the "wee little leprechaun" left behind in the cockpit.

VOL 2 Approach plates, NATOPS Pocket Checklist (PCL) and a Los Angeles VFR Sectional.

natops28cs.th.jpg

:blink: MAN! This is awesome! <_<

OK Timmy you are starting to scare me :D :D with the checklist and App plates. :rofl: This is definately going to be museum quality when you get it done. I have enjoyed following this build keep it up Bet you can't make a coke can :thumbsup: hahaha Erick

A CHALENGE! Since you posted that I have to admit I've been thinking just how would I do that?! We'll see maybe my "wee leprechaun" gets thirsty when he flies. :D

Timmy!

Hans,

Here are the pick of the litter - I hope they help!

Timmy!

engdraw22bk.th.jpg engdraw11yp.th.jpg

Wow!!! Now that cleared everything!!! Thanks!!!

As for the in flight snacks, I just remembered my dad telling me how he ate snacks while flying...

The OV-10A AFAIK doesn't have an autopilot, so he told me that while in cruise, either observer takes over control, or he could clamp the stick between his knees and eat :lol:

Speaking of snacks, are you also thinking of adding a bag of chips? Or for something healthy, maybe some carrot sticks or finger veggies? :woo: :( :D

Edited by Hans

Almost ready to install the upper glass. The two sides are on and the final details are in place. The last parts added are the aft "grimes" light and the aft O2 hose. The last of the wiring that goes from the cargo compatment and wing to the cockpit.

There is also a shot of the finished top glass portion. There are two outside air vents on the front each glass section. These were turned from clear sprue and attached with future. You also might notice a manufacturer's sticker near the center frame section.

aftglass58bg.th.jpg aftglass44zi.th.jpg aftglass28dm.th.jpg aftglass13tz.th.jpg