1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

I then used Sculpey clay to fill in the ends. I'll later turn the parts on the my drill press. When the plastic shows through I know I have the right shape.

Edited by Timmy!

This is Sculpey. It is a soft material that works like clay but has a plastic consistency. It hardens with heat. 15 minutes in a 275 degree oven (Fahrenheit). Once baked the material works pretty much like plastic.

• 2 months later...

Here are some shots of the canopy fram progress.

I have added the defogging and air vent to the outside of the coaming. These parts will help to keep the windscreen aligned once attached. I have also added the an instrument panel, wet compass and the rear view mirrors to canopy frame. There is also the mount for the optical sight which will be added next.

canopyframe36ca.th.jpg canopyframe27gb.th.jpg canopyframe19nw.th.jpg

Minor progress continues as I get ready to "button-up" the cockpit with the canopy.

Details shots are of the pilot's ICS cord, first-aid kit and the control lock/strap.

BTW if I haven't said so lately thank you all for the words of encouragement - I just hope soon I can get some of the main assemblies together. I'm looking forward to that day!

cpdetails30jm.th.jpg cpdetails29sq.th.jpg cpdetails14qp.th.jpg