Both are Italeri 1/72 kits. One's gonna carry the Tiger markings while the other will be posed in-flight with Patrouille Suisse markings. The kits go together quite nice... I used black primer on these 2 birds just as an experiment, how the top colours will react...

I'm curious, are these a what-if project? I've seen F-5's with the sharknose, but not with the F-20's intakes. Has that been done in real life?

Whatever the case, your setup there has made me begin considering giving my F-20 an ***-transplant. ;) :)

F-20 intakes? Not really, as far as a full F-20 intake mod. The F-20's intake were significantly wider, from mouth throat on down to the IGV's.

Yeah, upon further inspection, they are just regular F-5 intakes. The blackness was making my eyes play tricks on me. It sure would have looked cool with F-20 intakes though.

Thanks for the heads up on the effect of the intakes, too. I was pondering it as a what-if, the F-5E Tiger V, but if it would be such a hazard to fly if it were real, screw it.

OK here they are... basic paint on... I have a feeling that white paint has a "deeper" feeling... both planes were painted with ModelMaster and Revell enamels... I'll future them this evening... I hope you like 'em...

those are some great looking tigers dude!

so are you happy with the black undercoat or are not gonna use it any more? I also would like to know how many coats it took to get the colors right. And does it matter wether you use flat or gloss paints? love to know

greetz STB :)

I painted the PS Tiger with MM enamel semigloss white and gloss red - I covered the plane with white in one painting session. I have a feeling that the black primer gives the white a more of "deeper" look... check out the other topic for the completed models...