A new Future for Australian Modelers

:unsure: SUCCESS!!! An Australian equivilent for Future Floor polish has been discovered. Through the efforts of myself and Peter, an Aussie modeler, we have determined that Johnson's "Pledge One Go" is an acceptable substitute for Future and is readily availible in Australia. Peter has tested this product on clear parts and painted parts, it demonstrates good self leveling properties and is compatible with acrlyic paints. This information along with retail availiblity will be included in "The Complete Future" shortly. I would like to extend a big "Thank You" to Peter for his assistance in this research.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

http://www.SwannysModels.com

;)

Thanks,

I've posted a link to this topic on a couple of other forums that have lots of car builders from OZ land. Hope you don't mind...

Nice site BTW. I spent some time there last night and thought it was very well done.

Murray

Thanks Murray, just trying to help everyone out.

thanks for all the effort fella's

can you use this stuff over enamils?

if so, im already at the supermarket puruesing the isle's.

Thanks again

Phill

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Yes. It is safe on acrylics, enamels and lacquers.

back from down the shop!

and yes I found Pledge one go.

I found it at Woolworths, which is almost in every suburb along the east coast of Aus. i also found it at coles which is similier to woolworths.

i bought it and my windex and I am ready to start applying. i hope all goes to plan, and i don't wreak nothing.

anyway i hope this helps someone

phill

:wacko:

Phil

Thanks for that... :wacko:

I will check out Woolies as well as Coles after the long weekend. :wacko:

Whcih state are you in?

I still have my old bottle of Super Stride left, plus 3/4 of the big bottle of Future I got in LA

Is it clear in the bottle like Future or cloudy like Stride used to be?

cheers mate and keep us Aussie modelers posted!

Mike

it's got a bit of an orange tinge when against the white inside of the bottle. but when poured out it does not seem to be that orange almost clear. i think i will use it on a beat around moddle first.

I'm in N.S.W where abouts are U?

This stuff really stinks :wacko:

Phill

it's got a bit of an orange tinge when against the white inside of the bottle. but when poured out it does not seem to be that orange almost clear. i think i will use it on a beat around model first.

I'm in N.S.W where abouts are U?

This stuff really stinks :wacko:

Phill

I normally use a wide flat brush and apply the Future in thin even coats, 2 coats is enought o prep a model for declas and another couple go on to seal the decals prior to weathering/final clear coat.

I wil give this stuff a bash though :wacko:

MikeJ