All,

I have an F-5E waiting for build into one of the original group of RF-5E's sold to the Saudi's in the late '70's. Now, I'm not talking about the Tigereyes that they fly now, but the F-5E's that were delivered with RF-5A noses pending the delivery of the Tigereyes.

Does anyone have any references on just when these jets were modified into the new Tigereye configuration? I've talked with a British contractor who worked in Saudi in late '80's and he said that he never saw them.

I have ref's that say that they carried ALQ-119's, but does anyone know the config (ie. centerline, wing station?)

Also,

I have an F-5F that I've started as an Iranian jet and have a few questions also...

1) An issue of WAPJ showed a shot of an F-5E that was modified by the IIAF to carry Magic's on the wingtip launchers...was this done for the -F models also?

2) Several shots of the -Fs show what REALLY looks like MB Mk10 seats installed, but I can't find any supporting documentation and the pics aren't really clear enough to say one way or the other. Any help...?

Thanks, all

Dave

2) Several shots of the -Fs show what REALLY looks like MB Mk10 seats installed, but I can't find any supporting documentation and the pics aren't really clear enough to say one way or the other. Any help...?

From my research the Iranian F-5E/F were fitted with MB Q7A seats, Aeroclub has some in 1/72 #EJ018

Regards

Jim Barr