Got a question... I need to apply my gloss coat before i decal.. I got this stuff from MM called gloss coat laquer.. I dont know what consistency to this this stuff, I dont know if I should even be using it. I also got MM flat coat, also needing to be thinned. If any of you guys could recomend what consistency i should thin this stuff, and what you guys use for gloss coating, and then flat coating. I have used cans in the past, but want to airbrush the gloss and flat coats this time. thanks!!

EJ

Or use Tamiya TS-13, no more airbrush cleaning, just shake it up and spray :lol: , for flat coat, I mix tamiya flat base (Acrylic) with Future no thinning required, the good point is you can adjust how flat the finish, I always start with more future the the flat base, if it's not enough I just add more flat base gradually.

Give it a try :lol:

Funny you should ask...I just used the MM flat coat lacquer this weekend. For gloss, I use Future (no thinning necessary), but I thinned the MM stuff 50/50. First time using the lacquer based flat coat, and I was quite pleased with the results.

I have a question on airbrushing coats...

how many layers of gloss coat do you usually spray before decalling (to prevent silvering..) ?

thank you very much!!!

Well, on my 1/32 Apache I got away with one coat, but the decals for my 1/48 A-10 had aged very badly. I sprayed one coat of Future to seal the model, then brushed another coat of Future just before the decals was put in place. Gave the decal some extra stick, and allowed the adhesive to blend with the gloss coat while it was still wet.

Good luck.