ok! it only took 4 years, learning new techniques, a new airbrush and LOTS of patience, but it is finished.

Lindberg 1/48 MiG31

1. all panel lines rescribed (I know some say there are no panel lines on this bird, but I have seen pics with what looks to me like panel lines)

2. preshaded all such lines

3. all rivets redone (also, some pics show somethings that look a lot like rivets to me)

4. scratch built front landind gear (the kit has it like an F15, folding forwards and the bay doors are a joke. I redid that, moved the lannding gear forward, made the lights, added wire, and a lot more)

5. added wire to the rear landind gear

6. 2 resin K36 seats, the glass is one piece and did not bother cutting it to show the detail added in the cockpit

and lots more, but here are some pics, more will be sent to Steve tonight.

02.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

11.jpg

Shark

I've got the ICM 1/72, but somehow it doesnt supress my want for one in 1/48.

You're aware of the Collect Aires' offering? Personally, I WOULD pay that kind of money for a MiG-31 in 1/48 (my favourite plane), but I can't believe that after such long development they managed to ***** it up. It doesn't have the recesses for AA-9s wings. For that money, that's unacceptable.

Quote from Brandt's review at HS: "Pix at Bondo Industries show slots in the under fuselage for the main fins of the two aft R-33 missiles, but there are none in the C-A offering. Perhaps the reference pix are from pre-production/demo airframes."

There is a pic, but it doesn't show the bottom part of the fuselage sides to see how the launchers are represented. I wish I could find another review with more photos.