CF-104 underwing loads

Hi all,

I am working in a CF-104 (Canada Air force at Germany) and I am asking me about the underding load that they used to use...

I have a couple of Zuni rocket from a Hasegawa box, but I am not sure if They use them or not...

Anyway, I am glad to listen option of ofencive weapons to load in the unerwinds pylons.

Thanks All

Hernán

Don't think so. Their typical loads in Germany were 2.75 inch rocket pods, Mk-82's, BL-755's or nukes depending on timeframe. I'm not sure when the CVR-7 rockets were added to the inventory.

Regards,

Murph

CF104 loads at the IPMS Canada website.

Canada didn't use the Zuni but there are a few options.

Jari

CF-104 Loads

Sat Aug 26 09:10:56 2000

In response to the questions about the weapon load on the CF-104, here are some of the ones I did during my time loading the CF-104 in Germany in the mid-80's:

3 BL755s - on centreline and one each on the pylons.

5 BL755s - on centreline and 2 on each TSC on the pylons.

3 Mk-82 Snakeyes - same layout as top

5 Mk-82 Snakeyes - 1 c/l and 2 on TSCs

2 LAU-5003 Rocket Pods (19 Rx) - one on each pylon

4 LAU-5003 Rocket Pods - 2 on each TSC

4 Mk-20 Rockeye - 2 on each TSC (late 84)

For 20mm ammo: 100 or 350 round belts were used but 500 round belts were stowed at times, by hand which was fun on hot humid days.

On the centreline, the fins on the BL and Mk-82 were turned 15 degrees from vertical (+) counter clockwise (looking fwd) to clear the gear doors. Also if you plan to have a centreline store, do not install Part R9 on the Hasegawa kit, which is the external de-linker. The compartment where the spent casings and links went couldn't hold any more than 350 rds worth but if the ext de-linker was used, the links would beat whatever was on the centreline rack so the ext de-linker wasn't used. One last bit, there were 2 different types of pylon sway braces, one larger curved set for stores on the pylon and one smaller straight set when the TSCs were installed. Check pics for their shapes. When tanks were carried on the pylons, no sway braces were used.

Jari

Canada also seven shot training pods for the 2.75" (CRV7) rockets.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by Sean Bratton