Dipped canopies in Future

Dipped my Promodeler Ju-88 canopies in Future, they dried very uneven and now have different thicknesses that are quite visible. Any way to strip the Future from the canopies without messing them completely up, or would it be easier to order replacement canopies. Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:

Andy G

Actually Windex with ammonia. Ammonia is the deadly enemy of Future.

I'm surprised you got an uneven coat. I usually have great success with dipping clear parts. How did you set them down to dry? I'll place mine on an absorbent shop towel (like those found in the Rags in a Box from Home Depot). That way the excess Future won't pool and is given a way off the part.

hth

Jeff

Thanks Mario and Jeff. I'm going to Walmart this morning, I'll pick up some Windex with ammonia and give it a try.

I dipped my Hurricane and Me 262 canopies also, without any problems, I don't know what happened with the Ju-88 canopies. I use absorbent shop towels also, it seemed the Future dried before the excess had a chance to run off, so to speak.

I'll try the Windex and see what happens.

Thanks guys :)

Cheers :cheers:

Andy G

After I give them a dip, I very lightly brush the excess future off with a clean flat brush then set them to dry. The brush marks disappear when the future dries... :cheers: helps even out the coverage.

My $0.02, hope it helps!