I thought I would share a few photos of my latest build. A bit of a bore as there is no shortage of spit models out there but this one was a fun build. I have not built many Academy kits but let me say this one is a little gem. The fit is no less than perfect requiring no filler at all. For the price it's a real steal.

I didn't want to do a clipped wing as per the kit decals so I found a photo of one without clipped wings and pulled all the decals together from the spares box. I tried something new on the wings by adding muddy boot marks on the walk ways. I kind of like the effect. Painting was fun having to spray the lowers first, then the white strips, then the painted out roundels, mask them off then paint the camo as per a normal spit.

Hope you like.

mk14-1.jpg

mk14-2.jpg

mk14-3.jpg

mk14-4.jpg

That is just fantastic! I really love the weathering, especially the metal showing through at the wing root. Did you paint silver undereath the camo and then remove some to let it show through, or did you paint the silver on top? You painted the roundels? They aren't decals? How did you get them so perfectly round?

Thanks all,

xappie, the chips are painted on with silver using a fine brush. By painting out the roundels I ment the big green circles on the wings and fuse to paint out the large roundels. I painted these areas a darker green then I drew circles on paper using a compass, cut them out and taped them down on the wing and fuse before spraying the camo. The smaller blue roundels are decals.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks Bruce, I used thinned humbrol dk brown with a little black and applied with one of those Zap A Gap applicators, the ones that are like little Q-tips. The tips of these are almost the same size and shape as a 1/48 foot. Seemed to work well. I think I might use this on more of my future kits, I kind of like it. I am really looking forward to trying in on the wings on my Tamiya Lanc (If I ever get to buiulding it)