Question for Cobrahistorian

Hi LT,

I recently finished reading your AH-64 Apache Units Of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom and am now inspired to build my Hasegawa AH-64D Longbow (w/ the 1-3 markings from TB's of course). I'm going to go with the asymmetrical load of one rocket pod, two Hellfire racks, and one external fuel tank. For the radar guided Hellfires, I'm thinking of using Radome Tan for the seeker head. Do you think that would be a good match? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Alby

Alby,

I'd go with Radome Tan or maybe just a hair whiter. Pics I've got are in bright sunshine. This shot with a buddy of mine in it shows it to good effect. Rob was carrying a rocket pod outboard left, and three Hellfire launchers the day this pic was taken. Looks to be a mix of three Laser missiles to one Radar missile per launcher. He flew with 1-3 during the initial invasion, which is when the pics I have are from.

Hope that helps!

Jon

Thanks Mike!

Right now I'm trying desperately to finish the AH-64 Walkaround for Squadron, but studying for flight school is taking up 99% of my time right now. The Walkaround will be my last book for a while, at least for now. I've got several other things in the works, but I'm gonna concentrate on flying for a couple years (overseas deployments, etc) and should get back to writing by the time I make Captain.

Have a good one!

Jon

That's great...liberator has passed out on the floor...

An AH-64 walkaround for my 1/32 Revell...

A man that writes awesome books, and probably has landed in my grandfather's backyard in Slocumb!!!

AWESOME!!!!-sorry, it's friday and I am happy to see the weekend!!! :o

Alby,

I'd go with Radome Tan or maybe just a hair whiter. Pics I've got are in bright sunshine. This shot with a buddy of mine in it shows it to good effect. Rob was carrying a rocket pod outboard left, and three Hellfire launchers the day this pic was taken. Looks to be a mix of three Laser missiles to one Radar missile per launcher. He flew with 1-3 during the initial invasion, which is when the pics I have are from.

Hope that helps!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info and pic. I'll try straight radome tan first, and then adjust it as needed. Thanks again, Lt!

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Alby Moore