Just started work on this little project.........

Overall Top Shot

DSCN2791.jpg

There was not a nose landing gear bay, so I cut one out, will have to scratch build the well

DSCN2790.jpg

Remove the unsightly seam at the intake (some magic with a sprue cutter and sandpaper)

DSCN2789.jpg

Left side

DSCN2788.jpg

XF-88 Voodoo with its F-101 Voodoo big brother

DSCN2786.jpg

Edited by SteveV22FE

It is, believe it or not, a 1/48 Lindberg kit. This is the 1988 re-release kit.

After just dry fitting the parts together, it's really a pretty good kit! It fits right together, the landing gear looks good. It has A LOT rivets on it, but that can be remedied with a little sandpaper. I am not sure if I am going to rescribe a bunch of panel lines into it or not, right now I am thinking not.

I will scratch build the nose wheel well and will probably cannibalize a cockpit out of another kit.

It's kind of hard to believe that the only way to get a 1/48 X-3, XF-88 or XF-91, is to find a Lindberg kit and put a lot love into it.

Edited by SteveV22FE

Todays update.........

The cockpit is painted, the fuselage is glued together, the wings are glued together and attached.

I did some filling and sanding, Now, I am waiting for filler on the wings to dry.

topshot.jpg

bottomshot.jpg