It's Thursday morning in rainy Abbotsford, I'm sitting in Mickey-D's eating a disgusting breakfast, and an Aurora just flew over - life is good!

So I'll propose that ARC'ers meet each day at the mobile radar ground target that Steve B tells me makes an appearance at every Abbotsford Airshow. 1 PM was the time in previous years, and even though the air displays are on, it makes sense since some folks come all the way from the Island.

I'm here for every day of the airshow - hope to see some of you each day. I'll wear my Maple Flag ball cap since I've been too disorganized to get and ARC shirt!

Who else plans to meet there?

WB

Shameless teaser: I'm on an aviation dream vacation. I've been away over a week and have some very cool aviation related pic's to share when I return early next week. Stay tuned!

WildBill: I'll be there Sunday morning about 0830 with the "Alley Cat" in the static display area. I'll be around the aircraft for a while then who knows...but I'm getting free tickets to the runway seating area for the air display.

I'll be wearing a Bright Yellow shirt under a Tilley hat.

Barney

Well, I didn't do so good the first two days! I was ten minutes late Friday, 30 minutes late Saturday. I hoped to arrive to find a wild ARC bash going on, but it wasn't to be.

Today I showed on time, but again there was nobody there. However, I met up with Barney and his Alley Cat. He's a great guy and that litte Cat is in pristine condition - obviously well cared for. I also got to see him depart and will post a couple pic's later....

Good meeting you Barney and hearing some of the great stories you've accrued. We have to do it again soon!

WB

Hey Bill-

I was, likewise about 30 minutes late on Saturday- we may have been there at the same time not knowing who the other was... I was busy pretty much the entire day running after my friend's seven year old- his first airshow and he was pretty wired. Glad to hear I wasn't hallucinating and that Barney and the Alley Cat weren't there Saturday- I walked the static line a bunch of times and kept wondering why I couldn't spot it. Barney- will look forward to hopefully meeting you another time! (And you're right about the eye candy)

Ideal weather and a great show!

:cheers: A

The range of flying had something for just about every interest and I'm certain WildBill will have a lot more pics...and better than these...you should see his camera equipment...it takes two guys to carry it... :D

The Heritage flight flypasts were interesting as was the "carrier" landing by Kent Pietch with his Interstate Cadet act

Come on Bill post some of your goodies.

Barney

AbbotsfordAirshow2006-1.jpg

AbbotsfordAirshow2006.jpg

...you should see his camera equipment...it takes two guys to carry it... :blink:

Come on Bill post some of your goodies.

Hey, I'm still trying to carry all the camera gear into the house! Don't get the wrong idea folks, I don't have much gear I just have wimpy arms... :lol:

WB