1-151st grey ah-64 !NEED HELP!

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

I need some pics and info for my ah-64 project.i really need pics of the right wheel cover,what cockpit a or d pit,what colors to use for the scheme, what parts are darker what lighter,etc.... Any help provided will be of very very much help.Thank you everyone.

THANX,

LB 117

The SC ARNG flies the AH-64A, not the D. The colors used are FS 35237 Medium Gray topsides and FS36373 sides and belly. Markings are reversed out, meaning a stencil on a part of the helicopter that's 35237 will be in 36373 and vice versa. The main and tail rotor assemblies remain in the same colors as before.

There are three pix of 1/151st Apaches on the Marine Corps website:

Pic#1 Pic#2 Pic#3

IsraDecals includes markings for the 1/151st on their newest AH-64 decal sheet, but there are a few small inaccuracies (ie - no eyes to go with the shark mouths or moons for the Palmetto trees on the nacelles). It does however, include a painting guide.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Does an one know what i should do then the 64d has all the sensors i need but i dont need the bump by the pit.Is there any update kitd for that? thank you jon good luck on your resin kit.

Jake

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

I decided to use the 1/48th hasegawa ah-64d for the sensors.i also have a 1/48th ah-64a by academy.i thought i could mix and match parts.the part i thought i would replace was the part you step on when getting in the ah-64. if you had any advice that would be great.

Jake

I decided to use the 1/48th hasegawa ah-64d for the sensors.i also have a 1/48th ah-64a by academy.i thought i could mix and match parts.the part i thought i would replace was the part you step on when getting in the ah-64. if you had any advice that would be great.

Jake

Why would you canabalize a great kit like the Hasegawa AH-64D for parts for the Academy AH-64A? I'm not saying the Academy Alpha kit is bad, on the contrary, it's got some good marks. But... why scrap a perfectly good Longbow kit? :lol:

Edited by Trigger74
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Trust me i aint gonna scrap that beauty im going to use it. i am going to use two pecies of the academy kit and add it to the hasegawa kit.My academy kit was broken by my cuzine.he did not see it and nocked it off my workbench.I will also add an aires a-64a cockpit,eduard pe set,and i just remembered three pecies off the academy kit.i am going to make my 1-151st a hog.

P.S. I was not yelling i hit the caps key by AD

Seems a waste of a good Longbow kit, but its your prerogative.

Just a side note, the 151st did not fly any of their birds in the Heavy Hog configuration. There is a directive out that states that rockets will not be mounted on the inboard pylons. That doesn't mean that it isn't conveniently forgotten at times, but from everything I've seen and everyone I've spoken to from the unit the Hellfire was too useful a weapon to leave behind.

Which Aires cockpit set are you using?

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

I think i should use the A model cockpit.IF it is a waist of a longboe what do you think i should do for the sensors i need.I to was hesitant of useing the ah-64d.How did you make that sensors on the one you made?Well thank you Jon.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
Those are AVR-2A laser detectors. That's actually the one area that the Hasegawa Longbow kit falls short. It doesn't have the aft mounted ones on the tailboom, just the pads to mount them on.

DO you know what i should do to make some for the hasegawa ah-64a?Thankyou

JAke

I laminated some sheet plastic and sanded them to shape for em. Pretty easy to do. If you've got some extra cash to blow, the Revell Germany has an extra set of AVRs because you can build it either as a US or British bird. Mine's a British bird, so I've got a great set of extra AVRs for my Alpha.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

HI Jon,

how much is that kit.I am not the best scratch builder so i will just have to buy some avr's off someone.Hey did you know there is a model shop at Rucker.Well good luck with your wah,nice bird.

Jake

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Jon,

Would you be willing to trade or sell a set of your AVR's for my 1/48th hasegawa ah-64a?Also should i upgrade the cockpit up to a 64d since the pit were updated?thank you for all the help .

JAke